17 Eastgate Street was originally bought by Staffordshire County Council in 1919 and was the authority’s Treasury for many years until their move to Staffordshire Place, on Tipping Street, in 2012.

In May 2014 the Staffordshire County Council owned building was leased to VAST to provide a Community Resource Centre with facilities for the VCS of Staffordshire. Thanks to the intense 7-month refurbishment the building was brought back to life.

Teams of professionals and volunteers offered their time and skills to the project including builders, decorators and designers from various organisations including Home Retail Group, The Prince’s Trust, National Citizens Service, Amey and PM Training.